judges pics for eid card launch
The exciting launch of the Eid Card Competition organised by Creative Muslim Networks, held at the Dallow Primary School was hailed a success. T.V personalities, award winning artists and authors joined volunteers to open the competition.
The competition was an opportunity to introduce the charity Friends of Bright Eyes, FOBE; a charity which has providing quality care and support for disabled children and their families in the Luton community. Imran Akram, CEO of Britwriters Award present at the launch commented 'the Eid card competition is a wonderful way of using creativity to highlight young talent and showcase the tremendous work of the charity'.
The former star of the hit show ‘The Apprentice’, Tre Azam was amongst many of the guest judges at the event. Tre had the chance to participate in a hands on felt making art workshop with the children and parents of 'FOBE'. Tre commented on the charity and its volunteers, ‘as inspirational; the launch of the Eid card competition is a wonderful opportunity to meet and engage with children and parents effected by disability’.
Entries to the children’s competition to design an Eid card start from the age of 5 to 11. The competition ends on the 9th July 2010. The 2 winners of the competition will have their designs printed and sold in partnership with Alif creations greeting cards. The money raised will go to the charity Friends of Bright Eyes.
Shemiza Rashid, director of The Creative Muslim Network commented, ‘that this is a creative way of introducing the Islamic festival Eid ul Fitar and engaging children with the important Islamic message of giving to charity, Friends of Bright Eyes has been chosen as it is under resourced but an extremely needed service provider which is a life line for the families affected by disability in Luton’.
Notes to the Editor:
• The Eid card competition is available to be downloaded from http://www.friendsofbrighteyes.co.uk/
• The competition is open to children aged 5 to 11
• The deadline is on the 9th of July two winners will have their design printed and sold on Alif creations Islamic greetings cards website.
• All profits of the sale of the card will go to the charity Friends of Bright Eyes (FOBE)
• Winners will be announced on the 25th of July at an Awards event in Luton.
• Ikram Akram, CEO of Britwiters, http://www.britwriters.co.uk/